#9 - CLASSMATE BLOG CRITIQUES

 Blog Critiques


One of my favorite parts about participating in these interactive classes is getting to see and read the perspectives of my classmates on the topics. While it is fun for me to get to write about my interests and thoughts on the topics, it is also fun to hear what angle my classmates took on the subjects. 

Two classmates whose blogs and writing I have admired this semester is Lauryn Singletary and Morgan McDaniel.

1. Lauryn Singletary

I have enjoyed Lauryn's work since our first class together in the Fall semester of 2021. One thing that I love about reading Lauryn's work is how she consistently inputs things she loves into the assignment. Not only does she include what she loves, but she also writes in an efficient and clear way. I always enjoy reading someone's writing who is unapologetic about what they like or what they think, and that is something that I really enjoy about Lauryn!

One of my favorite blog posts from Lauryn this semester was Surveillance and Law Enforcement. Last semester, Lauryn did a media presentation on Astroworld, the Travis Scott festival that ended in disaster. It was really interesting reading Lauryn's post on this because my immediate thought when it comes to Surveillance and Law Enforcement is something along the lines of the

police force. However, I like how Lauryn looked at it from the perspective of a concert and the concert surveillance. 

Overall, I admire Lauryn's organization, consistency, energetic and personal perspective on things and I have had a lot of fun being in class with her!


2. Morgan McDaniel

Another classmate whose writing and blog I have enjoyed this semester is Morgan McDaniel. Knowing that Morgan is an artsy person, I expected nothing less from the visual aspect of her blog. It is so unique and also very aesthetic and easy to navigate. When it comes to Morgan's writing, I have really liked how Morgan often brings thoughts and perspectives to the assignment that I have never thought of before. 

Something I somewhat struggle with when tackling these assignments and looking pretty straightforward into what the assignment is asking. I get inspired reading Morgan's blog because she often writes from an out-of-the-box angle that pushes me to try and think that way also. 

Not only is Morgan's blog visually pleasing, but her writing is also very easy to read and be interested in. I have noticed that she is a great storyteller throughout her posts, and one post I can see that in is what she wrote about the dashcam footage. I really like how she included video and words in order to tell a clear and interesting story.

Morgan's blog is one that I feel challenges me to branch out in how I write and I have extremely enjoyed getting to see, read, and hear her writing this semester!

As this semester is ending, I have really enjoyed getting to look back through the work of some of my peers and see how we have grown in our writing and communication throughout the class. This class has been enjoyable not only because of the topics of the assignments, but also because of everyone's opinions and perspectives of the assignments!

Comments

Popular Posts